Today I wanted to share with you the sewing instructions of these super cute stuffie cows! Included pdf sewing pattern printable!
What you’ll need
- Amount of fabric depending on the desired size of your finished cow stuffie (mine was differently colored on each side but you could use two different fabrics just as well.)
- black fabric (just a tiny bit for the paws)
- Matching thread
- Black yarn for the nostrils, hairs and eyes
- Some stuffing (I used small fibre balls)
- Sewing pattern
First off, you need to print out all the parts of the sewing pattern in the size you want. Cut them out, place them on the fabric and mark the edges (don’t forget the seam allowance!). Then cut out the different fabric pieces.
How to cut out the fabric pieces for a light cow
- Piece 1 should be cut out twice like it is on the pattern and twice the other way round (left and right pieces, if you use two-sided fabric make sure all parts are light on the right side). Four pieces altogether.
- Piece 2 should be cut out 8 times from the black fabric.
- Piece 3 should be cut out once from the dark side of the fabric.
- Piece 4 should be cut out once like it is on the pattern and once the other way round (left and right piece). Two pieces altogether.
- Piece 5 should be cut out once.
- Piece 6 should be cut out four times (2 dark pieces and 2 light pieces).
- Piece 7 should be cut out twice from the dark side.
- Cut out a piece 10cm x 2 cm, this will form the tail
Once all pieces are cut out, hem them to secure the edges.
How to put the pieces together