Today I wanted to share with you my newest fabric findings! I shopped online at stoffstil.co.uk (shipping available for UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Germany!) and decided to buy some botanical printed fabrics as I got inspired by their online catalogue. Altogether I bought four different fabrics for my dining room:
1. Cotton fabric in nature (link), 2. A woven cotton mix with hosta leaf print (link), 3. Woven cotton mix offwhite with palm tree print (link), 4. Halfpanama with green stripes (link). I used them to make a table cloth, table runners and cushions.
How to sew (cushions, no zip)
Upper hem: 3 cm + 3 cm
Lower hem: 2 cm + 2 cm
Seam allowance on the sides: 1 cm
Flap: 15 cm
Body: According to the desired pillow size (40 cm x 40 cm for the bench cushions; 50 cm x 50 cm for the chair cushions)
- Secure the long edges with a large zig zag stitch or overlock stitches
- Press the hems on the short sides (wrap them inwards)
- Stich the hems in place with top stitching
- Fold the fabric with right sides facing each other and stitch the flap to the body with a straight stitch
- Fold the body in half with right sides facing each other and sew the side seams
- Turn the cushion around – and finished!
I hemmed the fabric for the table cloth and table runners similar to step 2 and 3.
This is the way everything turned out in my dining room, I hope you enjoyed! Feel free to like or comment!